Times are tough. Real tough. Our economy is taking a downturn, people are losing their jobs and their homes... It is becoming increasingly hard out here and the truth is it will get harder before it gets better. Not only are these tough times, but they are desperate ones as well. People are turning into monsters because they feel helpless. Every single bank in my neighborhood has been robbed. If you knew where I lived, you would understand the shock in that statement. I live in the suburbs/backwoods of Virginia. I mean, you drive a little farther and you start to see cattle; that is what I mean by backwoods. You have to travel a long way to get to my neighborhood, so in order to rob a bank where I live, you MUST be desperate and determined!
Now, as messed up as it may be, I can understand why people rob banks. People are BROKE and banks have money! We have to eat, go to work (if we still have a job), pay bills and that takes money. Whether you have it or not, you have to pay the piper, so I can understand the increase in bank robberies. What makes me go hmmmm, is the increasing murder and mass shootings.
Here's why I'm mad:
There have been one too many instances of mass killings where the shooter eventually shoots himself. Dude, just because you have life tough does not mean you have to take it out on everyone around you. This woman killed her son, then shot herself and this man went on a killing spree in Binghamton, then shot and killed himself. Not to mention the Alabama killings (I believe they've had three in one month), the man who shot the preacher in St. Louis Missouri, the man who killed his kids and his family in California because he and his wife were laid off. I can go on and on, but that is not my intent.
http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2009/03/11/alabama-shooting-leaves-11-dead/
I have one piece of advice for these people who are at their wits end and feel the need to take matters into their own hands: roof yourself*. Because you are having a rough break and want to end your life does not mean we are in the same boat as you. Do not kill everyone else, THEN kill yourself. No, do us a favor and roof your own damn self if you feel that is the solution to your problems. We will find a better, more livable solution for our own.
*roof yourself- to jump off a roof resulting in your untimely, but immediate death.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am not a proponent for suicide. I'd like to be optimistic and believe that nothing could truly be that bad and the key to everything is a little love and support (maybe that's the naiveté in me talking). I'd rather one punch a wall to let off steam.
However, in certain instances, such as those that you have delineated above, I'm all for it. One should never harm others in their quest for a metaphoric cathartic. And if your desire to end your life is that strong, like Nike says, just do it!
Post a Comment