Thursday, December 11, 2008

'Tis the Season

I need a gun. A big one. One that is going to blow the roof off this joint, but before the government flags me as a terrorist, hear me out.

Here's why I'm mad:

Recently, well actually a few months ago, Congress passed a $700 billion dollar bailout plan to the banks. Fine. They needed it. The economy needed it. Most importantly, the people needed it.

Fast forward to this week and another bailout bill was passed- well it is on the table right now. The auto industry, Ford, Chrysler and GM, decided they need handouts as well. Talk about Mr. Me Too.

The big three, as they have been appropriately named, flew to Washington, D.C. on their private jets, making a mockery of the entire situation. One of the CEOs, when asked if he would receive a salary of $1 as a symbolic gesture, said, "I'm okay where I'm at". Really? And we are? Even though you make millions annually?

The only reason why I am considering the bailout a good idea is because there are thousands of employees' jobs at stake. Otherwise, they do not deserve it. The big three made another trip to Washington, D.C. (sans private jet) and begged...er... asked again for another bailout. The $14 billion bill was approved in the House and by the White House, but "not I" said the Senate. And for once, I am actually agreeing with the GOPs. Good for you guys for digging in your heels and demanding some reciprocity.

The game of gimme gimme gimme has been played long enough. Now it is time to give give give. What are you going to GIVE in order to GET this money? Sacrifices have to be made, but no one is willing.

Until they come to a better resolution, someone, get my gun. These big three need to learn a lesson. Quick.

2 comments:

Mia said...

ahahahaaaa... mr. me too. LOVE IT. yea its pretty blowed and Im sittin here broke with no baiL TRAPPED IN MY BROKE ASS JAIL. sux

RLJ Photography said...

yo im dying at the Pharell ref..mad beast...mad funny actually!!!