Don't get it twisted, my church is not perfect, but that is what makes them great- they do not strive for perfection; they strive to be more like Christ. Sometimes when I see them, I am almost ashamed standing next to them because my faith seems so small while theirs seems so big. Remember.... almost.
Here's why I'm mad:
I think as Christians, we have a tendency to judge those who are not like us. We get on our mighty Christian high horse and preach to the "lost" the errors of their ways, talking to, while talking down. I do not have the perfect answer on how to spread the word about Christ and his love, but I am absolutely sure this is not it. Just because someone is different does not give you the right or the reason to judge them. As Christians, I think it is important to remember to be tolerant.

"Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye". Matthew 7:5
It is okay to be a Jesus freak and to profess Him as your homeboy, but if you claim to know Him like you say you do, then you will understand that love is the first key element when dealing with others. With love comes tolerance and understanding... of everyone because at the end of the day, we really are all God's children.

4 comments:
Yo see this was a great response to that fanatic..lol...I do wish you would have posted her face but i figured you didnt want to scare yourself...
I guess it was too dark sided!!! lol
I 2nd that Kat
I'm assuming you watched Trading Places (or whatever that shows name is). That woman was beyond crazy and judgmental. I have definitely met ppl that you've describe and it can turn ppl away from the msg that they are trying to share b/c of how they act
Post a Comment