...Or do they? I'm a slim sistah. I have always been slim and to be honest, I would like to gain a few pounds, but that is my personal problem. Lately though, it seems every woman has a personal problem when it comes to weight. Most women however would prefer to lose a few instead of gain a couple.
Plus sized women have done a world of difference in shaking up the mainstream's perception of beauty. Beautiful, buxom and bodacious women like Queen Latifah and Mo'Nique have been on the forefront of this movement, proclaiming to women that big IS beautiful and they are absolutely right! Yes, I am slim, but I still do not fit into America's perception of what is beautiful. When you pick up the magazines, you see beach blond women who are 5'9, with long hair, a perfect nose, the perfect mouth, and they weigh a whopping 110 lbs. That is how much I weigh...
...and I am 5'2.
Slowly, an APB is being sent out that this is not the typical woman and we all come in different shapes, shades and sizes. (Shout out to ANTM Cycle 10 winner!!). It does not matter how big or small you are, just that you feel content with who you are in your own skin. If you are NOT happy with who you are in your own skin, then do something about it. If you would like to gain weight, do something about it. If you would like to lose weight, do something about it.
Here's why I'm mad:
Have you noticed that most of the people in the gym are SLIM! I do not EVER want to hear a big woman complain about her weight, yet still she refuses to exercise. I do not want to hear a big woman complain about her weight, while she is downing a super-sized Big Mac and a diet Coke. I refuse to listen to a big woman complain about her weight, while she has a drawer filled with cookies and chocolate.
If you love who you are, big or small, then more power to you. But if you have a problem with your size, do not do all the things contradictory to the goal you are trying to attain.
I am not one to tell you how to deal with your weight issues. Hell, I am still trying to deal with my own. Yes, we all need love, but love of self is most important. Whoever you are and whatever you do, do what is right for you and your body. Eat right and exercise. Above all, stay smart, stay healthy.
PS- and stay away from a McDonald's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
What's even worse is when they do go to the gym but they spend an hour walking at 1 mph on the treadmill talking on their cellphones. Then they leave and go get some KFC cause they are hungry from their workout. SMH
I already know who inspired this one..smh
Son, she has a DRAWER filled with goodies. Candy, Chocolate and cookies galore. Yet still she travels to the front desk for our peanut M&Ms... I don't get it.
Wow you are soooooo right.
Post a Comment