Friday, October 24, 2008

Hair today...

I love Leatha, the only woman I trust to cut, style, and manage my mane. I love her so much, I travel to New York City every other month for her to handle my biz. She is not like other hair-dressers who do not trust you enough to do your own hair, so they constantly make sure you come back to them for all your hair needs. Nope, not my hair-dresser. Leatha gives me the tools I need to control my luscious locks so when I see her in two months, she does not have to do damage control.

Another thing, Leatha is my DAWG! We can talk about any and everything- God, men, children, music, whatever. She also highlights as a comedian. Whenever I see Leatha, I know she is going to give me one. I saw her last month and of course she did not let me down.

Cue: "No Air" by Jordan Sparks and Chris Brown

Leatha: "Tell me how you gonna weave with no hair!"

Great question. How are you gonna weave with no hair?!

Here's why I'm mad-

Weave is a wonderful invention... when done right.

If your kitchen ain't cooked up right, smack your hair stylist. I am tired of women walking around with weaves that 1- do not match their hair color or 2- do not match their hair texture. If I can tell it's a weave, your weave is not right. If I can visibly see tracks, your weave is not right. If I know where your hair ends and the weave begins, your weave is not right.

Women, proceed with caution when going to the Korean store to by your favorite Yaki. Don't go with what is necessarily tried and true. Go with what works for you and your 'do.

Like Leatha says, "If your hair isn't becoming to you, then you should be coming to me".

1 comment:

RLJ Photography said...

Yo Leatha is my dog..mad funny